Q: Can I move ADASHI to a new computer?
A: Yes. Run "ADASHI Registration" from the ADASHI folder in the Windows Start Menu. You can also run it directly by opening the "register.exe" which is in your ADASHI program folder (default C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMetrics\ADASHI). Click Transfer Out Authorization and follow the on-screen instructions. Feel free to contact our technical support at 877-563-9980 ext. 3 with any issues.
Detailed Instructions for ADASHI v3.2:
This is a process for transferring licenses from one ADASHI PC to another that does not require Internet access nor contacting ADASHI Support personnel. This is a 3 step process outlined in the ADASHI manual and it requires that you have already installed ADASHI on all new computers (do not try to register or enter serial numbers yet)
- Run "ADASHI Registration" on the NEW computer and click Transfer In Authorization (it will prompt for a folder to save some files, use a USB key)
- Run "ADASHI Registration" on the OLD computer and click Transfer Out Authorization then click Save Authorization To File (it will prompt for the same folder)
- Back on the NEW computer, it will be sitting on the Transfer In screen, where there is a 2nd Transfer In Authorization button, click that and give it the same folder
Repeat this process for all PCs/licenses. The tricky part is that you start on the new computers first because it has to create and prepare the files it will receive in the final step. If you start at the old computers it tells you to go to the new ones.
Detailed Instructions for ADASHI v3.3:
The process for transferring licenses from one ADASHI PC to another has changed in our latest version and does require the PC to have internet access, but still does not require interaction from ADASHI support personnel.
- Run "ADASHI Registration" on the OLD computer and select the "Transfer Out Authorization" option. This will prompt the user to set a name and password associated with this license transfer. (Remember these as they will be required to transfer back in the license authorization on the new computer.) Press the "Upload License" button. After a few moments, you should see a dialog window with the message "License has been uploaded for transfer."
- Run "ADASHI Registration" on the NEW computer and select the "Transfer In Authorization" option. This will prompt the user for the name and password you selected in Step 1, once entered press the "Download License" button. After a few moments, you should see a dialog windows with the message "AUTHORIZATION OK". Press the OK button and Close button on the ADASHI Registration windows and open the ADASHI client to insure the process completed successfully.